Monday, August 1, 2011

Tired of it...

August 1, 2011
My wife and I are trying to see what else we can cut out of our lives to make living a bit easier. We have become frugal, we have begun planning our dinners out one week at a time, we are reading everything online we can. But there is one issue that keeps coming back to us, when we read the articles from different folks out there, we wonder in the back our minds" what advertising agency, spin doctor, corrupt news group or just plain propagandizing company is using what we just read to make us buy or not buy what we think we need.
I read an article this morning on the subject of "financial simplicity" don't look for it, i made the title out of what I read. I try not to advertise for big business.
So I am reading this article, getting a chuckle here and there, finding some rather good ideas about how to not spend the money I make. So I start to investigate some of the information, when suddenly I start seeing advertising on the page related to what I just read and that advertising makes me not trust what I just read.

The written word hard to believe any more? why?

For those of you that are old enough to remember watching the news growing up in the early 70's, how it seemed so honest, truth bearing, responsible with seemingly no agenda other than just reporting the facts. Now did you notice the comment "watching the news growing up", I was allowed to watch news cause it wasn't violent. You remember why? Because there was responsible family types editing the 8 o'clock news knowing children would be watching. Some folks might disagree with me on that information and that is probably a good thing, we need heart felt experienced people sharing with us all.
Today people let their children watch things like south park instead of the news, cause the news is to shocking and violent. Not all people to do this, keep their kids from watching the news that is.
Americans have publicly become some of the most irresponsible people in the world.

The american government realized after world war 1 how much honest information about our
government and the war was actually getting to the american people and decided from that point on
the news would need to be filtered through the military. Thus the beginning of big brother in our
everyday lives, by controlling the very news we read or watch. It has not stopped since world
war 2 stopped, but it has become much more broadly used by the government and lobbyists,
political machines for hire.

It was pure capitalistic genius tempered by no one at all, it evolved into the marketing , radio,
television empires you see today. And all of the american peoples innocents went with it,
we believed in the US government, for the most part we were a country loving itself.
I do not see that happening today and By the way our presidents are puppets to the nearly
35 thousand big business lobbyist. Now that is what we are told about mind you,
again getting information from american news stations is ridiculous. And I don't see how it well
ever get its credibility back.

So be careful what you hear or read...
you maybe drinking the Kool-Aid.

4 comments:

  1. we need to limit the number of terms president appointed economist , can serve..
    Bernanke- George w. Bush and Barrack Obama
    Greenspan- Ronald Reagan
    George H. W. Bush
    Bill Clinton
    George W. Bush
    etc...... these people have destroyed the US for the sake of the top 1 % , continuing to be the top 1 %

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to post the following to your blog..Guess I don't know how...what do you think of this?

    I am 70, I don't have to use Part D of Medicare, but that's because my husband has a pension, good supplemental ins and we both have SS...WHY would you want older people who don't have these benefits not to have medicine or taken care by getting rid of part D? Is that how you intend to get rid of them? Did you hear the news this past wk about a elderly lady dying because the city had spent her pension and she couldn't afford the health nurse to see about her? She didn't have part D because she had been drawing a pension she worked for 38 yrs for and contributed to and you can only apply for medicare at certain times of the yr....The young people who need to be prevented from using it are the people on constant welfare and it was NEVER intended for them ..Look below for ideas if we have to have them on it: Medicaid-The first thing I'd do is to give women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. I would be willing to see the gov't give those out like they did the bicycle helmets in NY in the rich part of town from a gov't grant,. Then, we'll test any recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke or get tats and piercings, then get a job. These people trade stamps for money in order to get these things.
    Government housing? Ever live in a military barracks? Ever driven by gov't housing now days or seen it on TV? Here are the rules:
    You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Not let "our" property run down and we have to fix it w/our tax dollars. Your "home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.
    In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, OR working on the roads, bridges etc whatever we find for you. That would also take care of our infrastructure they keep talking about, then people can hold up their heads and say they "worked" and didn't take handouts....Look at a lot of little towns...We still have the streets that were put in when Roosevelt did WPA(work project administration). We will sell your 22 inch rims,low profile tires, and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the “common good.”
    If you are drawing unemployment, go back to the way it was in the 70's when we had a economy like we do now...Show up and PROVE you have been looking for a job..put those employers down and then the gov't has someone who actually checks and see if you did try to get a job. Not just looked up jobs and didn't even submit a resume to them.
    NO, I am not talking here about the "rights" of everyone...I am talking about not taking mine and my childrens rights for SS for their entertainment.
    If you are on disability, once a yr we should require check ups by PA's to see if you are still "disabled". A lot of these same people will tell the people who are financing cars, they are working and drawing disability which is really against the law.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SaturdayDeb Matern
    I heard a radio ad for the chips program. so I pay for my son's insurance, other people's kids insurance & I (we) pay to attract people to get me (us) to pay for there kids insurance. It just rubs me wrong.

    SaturdayAli Dar
    This is getting deeeeeep yo. Lol
    Jake Mahurin left the conversation.
    Lauri Evans Sandquist left the conversation.

    SundayDeb Matern
    I think gov. Perry read my post. "We don't need government to do what we can do for ourselves"
    Or what we individually can do for our family, friends, neighbors and our community. The FDR era took from us our personal duty to help our fellow man. If we are personally serving those in need, there will be no need.
    To correct my spelling from yesterday's post, I meant their kids, not there kids.

    ReplyDelete